Impact Statements & Progress Reports
All funded proposals require progress reports and/or impact statements to be submitted to the MHF Advisory Committee. Acceptance of MHF funding means that one also accepts all the conditions set forth in the award letter from the MHF committee, including following advertising guidelines and submission of progress reports and impact statements. Failure to submit reports on time may disqualify applicants and the organizations they represent from receiving future MHF funding and may incur additional consequences. Those who do not adhere to the conditions of the award may be considered in violation of the Caltech Honor Code.
Report Formatting and Guidelines
Reports should be submitted using the following format:
- Reports should be in PDF format only. Please do not submit reports in other formats (Word, Excel), by link to a cloud service for downloading (SharePoint, Google Drive, Box), or in the body of an e-mail. Only reports received in PDF format will be accepted.
- Please consider using a font like Arial, Calibri, Georgia, Times New Roman or Verdana and a font size of 11pt or 12pt. Using other font types and font sizes can make some reports difficult to read.
All reports should include the following information (as applicable):
- Participation/usage statistics, broken down by status (graduate students, undergraduates, etc.).
- Names and roles of those who assisted in implementing the project.
- Detailed project financial statement including all sources of income and all expenses. This document should compare the projected budget with actual spending and income.
- Summary of the project's implementation: major steps and milestones, unexpected occurrences or difficulties.
- Copies of all flyers or other advertisements, details on how the project was/is advertised.
- Description of how the project will be maintained if it is a long-term project.
- If the project is a recurring event or requires future funding, a description of plans to secure alternative sources of funding in the future.
- Additional information you think the Committee will find useful in evaluating the impact of your project (statements by participants, etc.).
Impact Statements are due either one month after MHF funding is received or on the next due date for MHF proposals (regardless of whether you've received the funds or not), whichever comes first.
If the above data are not yet known because your project has been delayed or is not fully implemented, you must still submit a progress report by the appropriate deadline, within one month of receipt of funding. In such a report, you should detail the current status of your project along with as much information about the above listed items. The MHF committee will then provide you with a deadline for submission of your next progress report. (Typically a progress report will be due each month until your project is complete or your event has taken place). A final impact statement will be due within 30 days of completion of the project or event date.E-mail progress reports and impact statements to email@example.com.